Contoured paddles vs. Flat paddles

Former Member
Former Member
Howdy folks, Currently I am using speedo's contoured swim paddles and they work great, but it is time for me to move up to the next size. Is there a difference between these paddles and other "flat" paddles (meaning will one or the other be more effective for training)? Or does it just come down to personal preference? Thanks
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    That's why they're called T-R-A-I-N-I-N-G E-Q-U-I-P-M-E-N-T and it flys both ways - just because YOU don't think they're worth a "hoot" doesn't mean that someone else doesn't find them helpful and effective. I don't feel any stress on my shoulder when I use them, but I know that some people do, and our coach discourages them from using paddles.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    That's why they're called T-R-A-I-N-I-N-G E-Q-U-I-P-M-E-N-T and it flys both ways - just because YOU don't think they're worth a "hoot" doesn't mean that someone else doesn't find them helpful and effective. I don't feel any stress on my shoulder when I use them, but I know that some people do, and our coach discourages them from using paddles.
Children
No Data