Where can I buy a Wicking Swim Towel?

Former Member
Former Member
I got a wicking swim towel for Christmas, and I want to know if anyone knows where I can get more. It's called the Wick-er Warmup Towel, it's made by Discovery Trekking Outfitters. It's quite large, very thin, dries faster than anything I've used before. Also gives some sun protection according to the label. I haven't seen them in stores. It was purchased in Canada at a swim meet I think, or maybe online. Anyone heard of these? I think it might be very new on the market. Dont confuse it with a chamois towel, it's nothing like that. Much better in my opinion.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    There seems to be an undercurrent of animosity flowing through this thread meguiarsonline.com/.../confused.gif I doubt that DF Towel is going to beat his own drum, let alone on a Meguiar's forum meguiarsonline.com/.../wink2.gif His towels are superb (as are many others). DF towels will not scratch paint. Not soft single-stage and not clearcoat. The DF towel is utterly different from 100% cotton "bath towels" - you can chck it here - comfortersetreviews.com in the same sense that a high-quality "MF" towel (such as one of those I bought from Meguiar's) is different from a scratchy polyester cloth. The "microfiber" designation is a matter of the strands of material in the towel (micro= tiny, fine, so much so as to be functionally nonabrasive). We're just most accustomed to the synthetic ones that get the most attention so the term has become, strictly speaking, inaccurately applied in general parlance. The DF towel like Wise Owl is made of natural fibers instead of synthetic ones. I'm no expert on the material, but if you want more info go to his website (easy enough to find with any internet search engine). Get the info straight from the horse's mouth, he has a reputation for honesty and candor that is, IMO, well-deserved. Lots of good detailing textiles out there, and the ones from DF Towels are among them.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    There seems to be an undercurrent of animosity flowing through this thread meguiarsonline.com/.../confused.gif I doubt that DF Towel is going to beat his own drum, let alone on a Meguiar's forum meguiarsonline.com/.../wink2.gif His towels are superb (as are many others). DF towels will not scratch paint. Not soft single-stage and not clearcoat. The DF towel is utterly different from 100% cotton "bath towels" - you can chck it here - comfortersetreviews.com in the same sense that a high-quality "MF" towel (such as one of those I bought from Meguiar's) is different from a scratchy polyester cloth. The "microfiber" designation is a matter of the strands of material in the towel (micro= tiny, fine, so much so as to be functionally nonabrasive). We're just most accustomed to the synthetic ones that get the most attention so the term has become, strictly speaking, inaccurately applied in general parlance. The DF towel like Wise Owl is made of natural fibers instead of synthetic ones. I'm no expert on the material, but if you want more info go to his website (easy enough to find with any internet search engine). Get the info straight from the horse's mouth, he has a reputation for honesty and candor that is, IMO, well-deserved. Lots of good detailing textiles out there, and the ones from DF Towels are among them.
Children
No Data