Where can I buy a Wicking Swim Towel?

Former Member
Former Member
I got a wicking swim towel for Christmas, and I want to know if anyone knows where I can get more. It's called the Wick-er Warmup Towel, it's made by Discovery Trekking Outfitters. It's quite large, very thin, dries faster than anything I've used before. Also gives some sun protection according to the label. I haven't seen them in stores. It was purchased in Canada at a swim meet I think, or maybe online. Anyone heard of these? I think it might be very new on the market. Dont confuse it with a chamois towel, it's nothing like that. Much better in my opinion.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    I just found a source in the United States (they're still made by Discovery Trekking): http://www.eclecticsilver.net/ Wicker Warm-Up Towel Now Available at Eclectic Silver Eclectic Silver has recently added the Wick-er Warm-up Towel to its inventory and is very pleased to announce that it is the ONLY distributor currently in the United States. These towels are unlike any towel you have ever used; they are virtually transparent yet dry you off and then dry out very quickly. Being made with silver ion, they will also immensely inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungi and can be used as a travel blanket, a shawl, swim suit wrap, or even in hotel rooms on your bed for added protection from bacteria and other unpleasantries. The towel comes in several sizes ranging from 36″ x 60″ down to the athletic towel that velcro attaches to a belt/loop. Recently the Chicago Tribune posted a review of this wonderful towel. Please read what they had to say about it: March 11, 2007 Chicago Tribune “Travel accessories Wick-er Warmup Wicking Travel Towel (Discovery Trekking Outfitters; $25) For want of a better description, they’re calling this the Travel Towel, but it seems there’s nothing this towel can’t do. It’s lightweight, soft, smooth, thermal, stretchy, quick-wicking, permanently anti-microbial, and it comes with an SPF sunblock rating between 15 and 40, depending on the color. It is made of the same stuff as the most advanced athletic wear (and, as a bonus, scientifically designed to permanently repel odor-causing bacteria). I used this wondrous, 36-by-60-inch piece of hemmed cloth to dry myself off after a shower the other evening– a job that usually takes one normal towel for my body and another for my hair. The Wicking Travel Towel dried my skin pat-down style–I didn’t have to rub–without leaving any damp spots. It removed so much water from my hair, which is long enough to reach the middle of my back, that my hair was completely air dry in less than half an hour. By morning, the towel was completely dry as well. Because of its wicking properties, the patent-pending cloth dries three times faster than cotton, so say Diane Stobart and Leslie Hanes, the two Canadian women who invented it. And because they are using silver ion technology–the silver is embedded in the cloth–the towel’s anti-microbial properties will never wash out. The feel of the fabric is nice enough to wear as a scarf or a beach cover. And I’ve even tried it on a recent airplane trip to block airborne germs–more attractive and practical than a surgical mask–and as a barrier to whatever diseases might have been lurking in the hotel-room pillows. It’s available in smaller sizes and in the following colors: navy, black, red dark green, purple, royal blue and gold. (www.discoverytrekking.com )” --Anna Lea
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    I just found a source in the United States (they're still made by Discovery Trekking): http://www.eclecticsilver.net/ Wicker Warm-Up Towel Now Available at Eclectic Silver Eclectic Silver has recently added the Wick-er Warm-up Towel to its inventory and is very pleased to announce that it is the ONLY distributor currently in the United States. These towels are unlike any towel you have ever used; they are virtually transparent yet dry you off and then dry out very quickly. Being made with silver ion, they will also immensely inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungi and can be used as a travel blanket, a shawl, swim suit wrap, or even in hotel rooms on your bed for added protection from bacteria and other unpleasantries. The towel comes in several sizes ranging from 36″ x 60″ down to the athletic towel that velcro attaches to a belt/loop. Recently the Chicago Tribune posted a review of this wonderful towel. Please read what they had to say about it: March 11, 2007 Chicago Tribune “Travel accessories Wick-er Warmup Wicking Travel Towel (Discovery Trekking Outfitters; $25) For want of a better description, they’re calling this the Travel Towel, but it seems there’s nothing this towel can’t do. It’s lightweight, soft, smooth, thermal, stretchy, quick-wicking, permanently anti-microbial, and it comes with an SPF sunblock rating between 15 and 40, depending on the color. It is made of the same stuff as the most advanced athletic wear (and, as a bonus, scientifically designed to permanently repel odor-causing bacteria). I used this wondrous, 36-by-60-inch piece of hemmed cloth to dry myself off after a shower the other evening– a job that usually takes one normal towel for my body and another for my hair. The Wicking Travel Towel dried my skin pat-down style–I didn’t have to rub–without leaving any damp spots. It removed so much water from my hair, which is long enough to reach the middle of my back, that my hair was completely air dry in less than half an hour. By morning, the towel was completely dry as well. Because of its wicking properties, the patent-pending cloth dries three times faster than cotton, so say Diane Stobart and Leslie Hanes, the two Canadian women who invented it. And because they are using silver ion technology–the silver is embedded in the cloth–the towel’s anti-microbial properties will never wash out. The feel of the fabric is nice enough to wear as a scarf or a beach cover. And I’ve even tried it on a recent airplane trip to block airborne germs–more attractive and practical than a surgical mask–and as a barrier to whatever diseases might have been lurking in the hotel-room pillows. It’s available in smaller sizes and in the following colors: navy, black, red dark green, purple, royal blue and gold. (www.discoverytrekking.com )” --Anna Lea
Children
No Data