Where can I buy a Wicking Swim Towel?

Former Member
Former Member
I got a wicking swim towel for Christmas, and I want to know if anyone knows where I can get more. It's called the Wick-er Warmup Towel, it's made by Discovery Trekking Outfitters. It's quite large, very thin, dries faster than anything I've used before. Also gives some sun protection according to the label. I haven't seen them in stores. It was purchased in Canada at a swim meet I think, or maybe online. Anyone heard of these? I think it might be very new on the market. Dont confuse it with a chamois towel, it's nothing like that. Much better in my opinion.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    I just had to check out this forum! I am an owner of the company that makes the Wick-er Warmup towels, and I have had many of my customers say that they read about them, and tried them, because of reading what other swimmers have said...so I wanted to know what information was lurking around this site! (nice site by the way!!) Here are the facts about the Wick-er Warmup Towel. It is made from a very technical stretch fabric that contains Silver ion. As you may know, bacteria doesn't grow on silver (hospitals use it in bandaging burn victims, babies get it put in their eyes when born...) SO>> our towel doesn't grow bacteria and therefore doesn't smell when damp like other towels. It is fairly thin, and quite frankly many of our best customers were skeptical when they saw it....UNTIL they tried it. It really does wick the water off your skin so fast you'll be amazed. But the neat thing is, the towel dries very quickly, so you don't need as many at a meet. But that's not even the best thing. It protects you from the sun, depending on the color, the darker the color the higher the SPF protection...up to 40 for black and Navy. It embroiders beautifully, and it also silkscreens (with a stretch additive) It comes in 3 sizes, the largest can double as a beach coverup, the smallest is normally used for sports like badminton, and for running (goes around the neck nicely)....If you want any more information please just contact me directly. There are a lot of towels on the market, some are very good, but there isn't anything that even compares to this amazing fabric. Leslie Hanes Discovery Trekking Outfitters Ltd. Yes, we're Canadian...but the fabric is made in the good old USA!! (how's that for good neighbors?) www.discoverytrekking.com :)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    I just had to check out this forum! I am an owner of the company that makes the Wick-er Warmup towels, and I have had many of my customers say that they read about them, and tried them, because of reading what other swimmers have said...so I wanted to know what information was lurking around this site! (nice site by the way!!) Here are the facts about the Wick-er Warmup Towel. It is made from a very technical stretch fabric that contains Silver ion. As you may know, bacteria doesn't grow on silver (hospitals use it in bandaging burn victims, babies get it put in their eyes when born...) SO>> our towel doesn't grow bacteria and therefore doesn't smell when damp like other towels. It is fairly thin, and quite frankly many of our best customers were skeptical when they saw it....UNTIL they tried it. It really does wick the water off your skin so fast you'll be amazed. But the neat thing is, the towel dries very quickly, so you don't need as many at a meet. But that's not even the best thing. It protects you from the sun, depending on the color, the darker the color the higher the SPF protection...up to 40 for black and Navy. It embroiders beautifully, and it also silkscreens (with a stretch additive) It comes in 3 sizes, the largest can double as a beach coverup, the smallest is normally used for sports like badminton, and for running (goes around the neck nicely)....If you want any more information please just contact me directly. There are a lot of towels on the market, some are very good, but there isn't anything that even compares to this amazing fabric. Leslie Hanes Discovery Trekking Outfitters Ltd. Yes, we're Canadian...but the fabric is made in the good old USA!! (how's that for good neighbors?) www.discoverytrekking.com :)
Children
No Data