Where can I buy a Wicking Swim Towel?

Former Member
Former Member
I got a wicking swim towel for Christmas, and I want to know if anyone knows where I can get more. It's called the Wick-er Warmup Towel, it's made by Discovery Trekking Outfitters. It's quite large, very thin, dries faster than anything I've used before. Also gives some sun protection according to the label. I haven't seen them in stores. It was purchased in Canada at a swim meet I think, or maybe online. Anyone heard of these? I think it might be very new on the market. Dont confuse it with a chamois towel, it's nothing like that. Much better in my opinion.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    Those small ones look interesting, but they aren't the same as the Wick-er Warmup one I have bought online from Discovery Trekking ( www.discoverytrekking.com ) For one thing, the DTO towel is huge...36 x 60" but is very thin so it packs up quite small. I like the fact that the DTO towel also offers sun protection. The one you are talking about is microfibre, which is a wonderful fabric, I use it for cleaning glass, and even face cloths. But what I have been told about the Wick-er Warmup towel is that the most important feature is that is is made with Silver in the thread, which is a permanent anti-bacterial (anti microbial?) treatment so it never smells even when damp. (and it doesn't stay damp for long.) So, if I'm going to Golf, I'll take your towel. If I'm going to Swim......I'm getting the Wick-er Warmup towel. It's better suited for the sport.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    Those small ones look interesting, but they aren't the same as the Wick-er Warmup one I have bought online from Discovery Trekking ( www.discoverytrekking.com ) For one thing, the DTO towel is huge...36 x 60" but is very thin so it packs up quite small. I like the fact that the DTO towel also offers sun protection. The one you are talking about is microfibre, which is a wonderful fabric, I use it for cleaning glass, and even face cloths. But what I have been told about the Wick-er Warmup towel is that the most important feature is that is is made with Silver in the thread, which is a permanent anti-bacterial (anti microbial?) treatment so it never smells even when damp. (and it doesn't stay damp for long.) So, if I'm going to Golf, I'll take your towel. If I'm going to Swim......I'm getting the Wick-er Warmup towel. It's better suited for the sport.
Children
No Data