What do you think of total immersion?

Former Member
Former Member
I just got Total immersion book yesterday. Have read part 1 of the book and just started doing the drills today. It seems an excallent way to swim and definatly will improve my f/s. But i'm a bit weary because it's so comercail. so my question is, Is Total immersion as good a way to swim as it makes out? or is it the best way to learn how to swim? Are there better books out there that teach you how to swim well(properly)? Hope that makes sense Swifty
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    www.ti-europe.com/free-vid-clips.php?lang=eng go to See videos of what we teach at TI workshops here and see there video clips.
  • Former Member
    I just wish that the word "effortless" could be removed from the TI vocabulary.
  • Originally posted by craiglll@yahoo.com To all of you who know every little detail about swimmign's history. Has Terry ever produced any really top swimmers? I know a woman who ahs taken all of the "workshop" offered. Her strokes are really beautiful. But she isn't fast. People tell me that my stroke is so relaxed but I'm not fast either. Craiglll: I just came across this as a point of reference to your question. www.totalimmersion.net/articles/03MARCHissue/Adrienne.html
  • Former Member
    Ok children it's a wreak on the highway. Just look away, just look away.
  • Former Member
    the article is interesting. I know tat Terry coached at West Point but I don't know when.
  • Former Member
    That's a great article. Thanks for sharing. :)
  • Former Member
    Terry coached the sprinters at West Point from 1996 through 1999, give or take a year.
  • If we're going to discuss Adrienne Binder it's interesting to note that she has not bettered that 1650 time in college. She's swimming for Auburn, by the way (auburntigers.collegesports.com/.../binder_adrienne00.html). Not to say she's a slouch now, in fact she's swimming very well, but apparently she swam her lifetime best in the mile while she was concentrating on TI, rather than her current training regimen at Auburn. edit: didn't see the post right above this before I posted
  • Former Member
    I just wanted to know how she did in Athens. It's a fair question. TI uses her story to validate their training philosophy. The top coaches in swimming are judged by the number of Olympians they produce, are they not? My opinions about TI could only be considered inflammatory if they were taken personally. And for some odd reason, that seems to be the case. I guess there are three topics which should be off limits: religion, politics, and TI.
  • Former Member
    I looked up Adrienne's Olympic Trial results. She placed 4th in the 400 IM, 20th in the 400 free, and 10th in the 800 free.