What do you think of total immersion?

Former Member
Former Member
I just got Total immersion book yesterday. Have read part 1 of the book and just started doing the drills today. It seems an excallent way to swim and definatly will improve my f/s. But i'm a bit weary because it's so comercail. so my question is, Is Total immersion as good a way to swim as it makes out? or is it the best way to learn how to swim? Are there better books out there that teach you how to swim well(properly)? Hope that makes sense Swifty
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    Gull it is a business and he is doing a good job, he has compiled a nice little package he now has a swim studio using endless pools. I owned and operated three indoor swimming pools, called the George Park Swimming Schools I taught or my staff taught 12,000 kids and adults swimming lessons every year, the money rolled in. But it was hard work and I earned every penny. I brought them along until they wanted to become competetive swimmers, but I would send those who required more than 1 or 2 hrs work elsewhere. They could not afford to pay me for the swim lessons to go on to the Olympics. A few did go on to swim for Canada. I have never claimed they made the Olympics because of anything I did for them. Most of the kids were great little swimmers went to a swim team coach and were burnt out before they were 10 years of age because when a coach sees a swimmer 7 years old who can beat their 10 year olds they believe it is their chance to prove they are great coaches and work their A** off they don't realize these kids are using technique to swim so fast at a young age.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    Gull it is a business and he is doing a good job, he has compiled a nice little package he now has a swim studio using endless pools. I owned and operated three indoor swimming pools, called the George Park Swimming Schools I taught or my staff taught 12,000 kids and adults swimming lessons every year, the money rolled in. But it was hard work and I earned every penny. I brought them along until they wanted to become competetive swimmers, but I would send those who required more than 1 or 2 hrs work elsewhere. They could not afford to pay me for the swim lessons to go on to the Olympics. A few did go on to swim for Canada. I have never claimed they made the Olympics because of anything I did for them. Most of the kids were great little swimmers went to a swim team coach and were burnt out before they were 10 years of age because when a coach sees a swimmer 7 years old who can beat their 10 year olds they believe it is their chance to prove they are great coaches and work their A** off they don't realize these kids are using technique to swim so fast at a young age.
Children
No Data