What do you think of total immersion?

Former Member
Former Member
I just got Total immersion book yesterday. Have read part 1 of the book and just started doing the drills today. It seems an excallent way to swim and definatly will improve my f/s. But i'm a bit weary because it's so comercail. so my question is, Is Total immersion as good a way to swim as it makes out? or is it the best way to learn how to swim? Are there better books out there that teach you how to swim well(properly)? Hope that makes sense Swifty
Parents
  • Originally posted by gull80 There is no way to know how she would have developed in a "conventional" training program (which likely would have incorporated "TI drills" regardless). No, of course there isn't, but wasn't Adrienne's name brought up because someone said something to the effect of "if TI is so great where are all the really fast TI swimmer?" Well, Adrienne Binder is one. You're accusing some people of waffling because they're giving credit to TI for Binder's fast swimming, but don't take away the credit when she doesn't swim as fast. Yet when someone points out a fast swimmer who was trained using TI you say "yeah, but how do we know it was the TI that made her fast?" Pot, meet kettle.
  • Originally posted by gull80 There is no way to know how she would have developed in a "conventional" training program (which likely would have incorporated "TI drills" regardless). No, of course there isn't, but wasn't Adrienne's name brought up because someone said something to the effect of "if TI is so great where are all the really fast TI swimmer?" Well, Adrienne Binder is one. You're accusing some people of waffling because they're giving credit to TI for Binder's fast swimming, but don't take away the credit when she doesn't swim as fast. Yet when someone points out a fast swimmer who was trained using TI you say "yeah, but how do we know it was the TI that made her fast?" Pot, meet kettle.
Children
No Data