What do you think of total immersion?

Former Member
Former Member
I just got Total immersion book yesterday. Have read part 1 of the book and just started doing the drills today. It seems an excallent way to swim and definatly will improve my f/s. But i'm a bit weary because it's so comercail. so my question is, Is Total immersion as good a way to swim as it makes out? or is it the best way to learn how to swim? Are there better books out there that teach you how to swim well(properly)? Hope that makes sense Swifty
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    Originally posted by 330man ...I highly doubt that TI is to blame for her failure to make the Olympic Team in 2004. There are so many variables to consider, that is for certain, but I doubt her technique training is one of them. Especially when you consider that the same training was responsible for her record setting 1650 time. So we credit her TI training for her 1650 swim, but we do not fault that same TI training when she fails to make the Olympic team? Very convenient. Maybe she is just a very talented swimmer--as her coach said, "I believed she could be a great swimmer because she had an amazing quality of flow in her swimming." There is no way to know how she would have developed in a "conventional" training program (which likely would have incorporated "TI drills" regardless).
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    Originally posted by 330man ...I highly doubt that TI is to blame for her failure to make the Olympic Team in 2004. There are so many variables to consider, that is for certain, but I doubt her technique training is one of them. Especially when you consider that the same training was responsible for her record setting 1650 time. So we credit her TI training for her 1650 swim, but we do not fault that same TI training when she fails to make the Olympic team? Very convenient. Maybe she is just a very talented swimmer--as her coach said, "I believed she could be a great swimmer because she had an amazing quality of flow in her swimming." There is no way to know how she would have developed in a "conventional" training program (which likely would have incorporated "TI drills" regardless).
Children
No Data