What do you think of total immersion?

Former Member
Former Member
I just got Total immersion book yesterday. Have read part 1 of the book and just started doing the drills today. It seems an excallent way to swim and definatly will improve my f/s. But i'm a bit weary because it's so comercail. so my question is, Is Total immersion as good a way to swim as it makes out? or is it the best way to learn how to swim? Are there better books out there that teach you how to swim well(properly)? Hope that makes sense Swifty
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    Originally posted by gull80 I just wanted to know how she did in Athens. It's a fair question. TI uses her story to validate their training philosophy. The top coaches in swimming are judged by the number of Olympians they produce, are they not? My opinions about TI could only be considered inflammatory if they were taken personally. And for some odd reason, that seems to be the case. I guess there are three topics which should be off limits: religion, politics, and TI. Being an Olympian is a great thing but so is swimming a sub 16 minute mile (fastest high schooler, etc., etc.). I can't do it. I suspect that very few people here can. The bottom line is that she is an incredible swimmer by any measure and she is coached with TI methods. I don't take it personally because I don't train with TI methods. I found it inflamatory because I know how you feel about TI and I think that this TI swimmer deserves some credit, as does her coach.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    Originally posted by gull80 I just wanted to know how she did in Athens. It's a fair question. TI uses her story to validate their training philosophy. The top coaches in swimming are judged by the number of Olympians they produce, are they not? My opinions about TI could only be considered inflammatory if they were taken personally. And for some odd reason, that seems to be the case. I guess there are three topics which should be off limits: religion, politics, and TI. Being an Olympian is a great thing but so is swimming a sub 16 minute mile (fastest high schooler, etc., etc.). I can't do it. I suspect that very few people here can. The bottom line is that she is an incredible swimmer by any measure and she is coached with TI methods. I don't take it personally because I don't train with TI methods. I found it inflamatory because I know how you feel about TI and I think that this TI swimmer deserves some credit, as does her coach.
Children
No Data