What do you think of total immersion?

Former Member
Former Member
I just got Total immersion book yesterday. Have read part 1 of the book and just started doing the drills today. It seems an excallent way to swim and definatly will improve my f/s. But i'm a bit weary because it's so comercail. so my question is, Is Total immersion as good a way to swim as it makes out? or is it the best way to learn how to swim? Are there better books out there that teach you how to swim well(properly)? Hope that makes sense Swifty
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    Originally posted by gull80 How did Adrienne do in Athens? I assume that the above remark was intended to be inflamatory. :P If it was not, please disregard the sentences below. I don't know that she even swam in Athens. However, her 1650 time justifies whatever training program she is following as well as whatever technique she employs. You don't need to be an Olympian to prove your mettle in swimming, especially when your 1650 time is faster than the men's 18-24 USMS top ten in that event by a significant margin.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    Originally posted by gull80 How did Adrienne do in Athens? I assume that the above remark was intended to be inflamatory. :P If it was not, please disregard the sentences below. I don't know that she even swam in Athens. However, her 1650 time justifies whatever training program she is following as well as whatever technique she employs. You don't need to be an Olympian to prove your mettle in swimming, especially when your 1650 time is faster than the men's 18-24 USMS top ten in that event by a significant margin.
Children
No Data