What do you think of total immersion?

Former Member
Former Member
I just got Total immersion book yesterday. Have read part 1 of the book and just started doing the drills today. It seems an excallent way to swim and definatly will improve my f/s. But i'm a bit weary because it's so comercail. so my question is, Is Total immersion as good a way to swim as it makes out? or is it the best way to learn how to swim? Are there better books out there that teach you how to swim well(properly)? Hope that makes sense Swifty
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    I'll bet a few bucks via paypal on that race if anybody is interested! Newmastersswimmer, what about your face off with Raz? When is that going to occur, or did I miss it? originally posted by 330 Man in response to the 500 Challenge between Aqua Geek and Gull80 Actually our challenge is based on the fastest 500 free time posted before the end of the 2005-2006 SCY season....So far neither of us have swam a 500 in a meet yet. I just got back into training again a couple of weeks ago after taking off 5 weeks ......it's a long story (involving a fire at the YMCA, an injury, and a vacation to Mexico).....Anyway, Ande is in much better shape than me right now.....and he is faster than me anyway.....so I'm going to need a miracle to win my 500 free challenge.....but I'm not throwing in the towel yet b/c I will never submit passively to defeat against an ex-Longhorn....I will go down fighting! Newmastersswimmer
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    I'll bet a few bucks via paypal on that race if anybody is interested! Newmastersswimmer, what about your face off with Raz? When is that going to occur, or did I miss it? originally posted by 330 Man in response to the 500 Challenge between Aqua Geek and Gull80 Actually our challenge is based on the fastest 500 free time posted before the end of the 2005-2006 SCY season....So far neither of us have swam a 500 in a meet yet. I just got back into training again a couple of weeks ago after taking off 5 weeks ......it's a long story (involving a fire at the YMCA, an injury, and a vacation to Mexico).....Anyway, Ande is in much better shape than me right now.....and he is faster than me anyway.....so I'm going to need a miracle to win my 500 free challenge.....but I'm not throwing in the towel yet b/c I will never submit passively to defeat against an ex-Longhorn....I will go down fighting! Newmastersswimmer
Children
No Data