What do you think of total immersion?

Former Member
Former Member
I just got Total immersion book yesterday. Have read part 1 of the book and just started doing the drills today. It seems an excallent way to swim and definatly will improve my f/s. But i'm a bit weary because it's so comercail. so my question is, Is Total immersion as good a way to swim as it makes out? or is it the best way to learn how to swim? Are there better books out there that teach you how to swim well(properly)? Hope that makes sense Swifty
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    greetings all, i have the good fortune of living in stone ridge, ny (about 20 minutes from the ti swim studio in new paltz) i started training with terry a few years ago. we are both members of the same masters club and swim in the same lakes during the summer season. although our masters club is not a ti organization, we have a very dedicated coaching staff who prepare challanging workouts for us five days a week. as a ti convert , i consider it up to me to impose certain disciplines into each set that my lane mates couldn't care less about. though i do touch on the drills regularly to keep my form, i can swim the sets posted by our coaches and practice ti without disrupting anyone in my lane.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    greetings all, i have the good fortune of living in stone ridge, ny (about 20 minutes from the ti swim studio in new paltz) i started training with terry a few years ago. we are both members of the same masters club and swim in the same lakes during the summer season. although our masters club is not a ti organization, we have a very dedicated coaching staff who prepare challanging workouts for us five days a week. as a ti convert , i consider it up to me to impose certain disciplines into each set that my lane mates couldn't care less about. though i do touch on the drills regularly to keep my form, i can swim the sets posted by our coaches and practice ti without disrupting anyone in my lane.
Children
No Data