What do you think of total immersion?

Former Member
Former Member
I just got Total immersion book yesterday. Have read part 1 of the book and just started doing the drills today. It seems an excallent way to swim and definatly will improve my f/s. But i'm a bit weary because it's so comercail. so my question is, Is Total immersion as good a way to swim as it makes out? or is it the best way to learn how to swim? Are there better books out there that teach you how to swim well(properly)? Hope that makes sense Swifty
Parents
  • There is no better way I have found to try and teach yourself to swim better. The audience is people who are lap swimmers and there last swim instruction was swim lessons when they were 6. They hold themselves out as more than that but really, that's who it is for. That said, with a little thought in your practice the book and principles will get you 85 to 90% of the way there. Then once you are a pretty good swimmer you can bicker about the last 10%. There is no other resource setup like it with systematic explanation of swimming written for the person looking to teach himself.
  • There is no better way I have found to try and teach yourself to swim better. The audience is people who are lap swimmers and there last swim instruction was swim lessons when they were 6. They hold themselves out as more than that but really, that's who it is for. That said, with a little thought in your practice the book and principles will get you 85 to 90% of the way there. Then once you are a pretty good swimmer you can bicker about the last 10%. There is no other resource setup like it with systematic explanation of swimming written for the person looking to teach himself.
Children
No Data