Meet location changed

I registered for my first meet and paid then was given a link to view changes. The changes are the date moved out 10 days and the location is another 2 hours away, colder weather and  making my trip over 5 hours. Is this common to have such a change After I register??

• that is very unsual and usually the clubassistant information is adjusted with the new information. This information is viewable before you register. Are you positive you registered for the meet you intended to?
    maybe you can share the name of the meet and we can suggest additional steps.

• It’s a AZLMSC meet. The pool went from 8 lanes to a 4 lane pool as well. Pretty odd. https://azlmsc.org/events/

Nov 9 Good Year. Is now a Sunday Nov 17 starting at1045 out near Tucson 

• In looking at the meet information it is not a USMS sanctioned event and is hosted by the ASO Arizona Senior Olympics. The changes you mentioned are uncommon but you may be able to contact the commissioner listed  on the meet page for more information if you haven't already.  Samantha Martoni 636-328-4513 samanthamartoni@gmail.com. Best of luck to you in your upcoming meets!

• First off, I'd like to thank you for registering for the Arizona Senior Olympics. If you need a refund because it's too far away, please contact the email that was sent to you. 

My name is Samantha Martoni and I became the meet commissioner after Judy gillis stepped down this year. When I spoke with Irene Stillwell (who is the woman in charge of all the events at Arizona Senior Olympics), she told me that she had secured the Goodyear Southwest YMCA. Little did I know, she did not have this in writing. I created the sports information sheet. They got it on the website and people started registering.  Over the course of 3 weeks or so, I was in contact with the program director Anthony at the Southwest YMCA and he assured us that we had the pool and that he would get the contract over to us this was over two weeks ago. So about a week and a half ago. He said that they double booked November 9th.  I explained to him that we already had 28 registrants and people were coming from all over. He again assured me that we had the pool and he would get the contract to us. Irene finally received the paperwork October 18th by email and they wanted $5,000 to rent the pool. I think they were just trying to get rid of us.

So rather than cancel the event, we moved to a different pool and allowed for refunds. Done people still want to qualify for Iowa Nationals Senior games.

We don't need an eight-lane pool when you only have 28 participants. But Oro Valley pool is just as nice, If not nicer than Goodyear's pool, we're just renting five lanes. One for warm up warm down That is the reason for the four-lane pool change. 

So shame on Irene Stillwell for not having a contract in writing and going by word of mouth (she's old school). But more importantly, shame on Southwest YMCA for telling us we had a pool and then sending us an outrageous price that was probably 10 times higher than what it should have been.