Leg cramps Goals

Hello everyone, 

New here and am training for a 2.4 mile swim in July. I've got two questions right off the start. I get leg cramps at the one mile to one and one half mile mark.what can I do to deal with them? Second I'm self trained and would like to know what training goals I should set to be ready July 18th.

Thanks

Charlie

Parents
  • , I have found that when I am first stating back up swimming, I get cramps much more frequently. I have solved this try stretching pre and post workout... and then just giving it some time. Once I got in better shape and my legs/feet were used to the new routine, the cramps started to fade away. Some good info in this article as well. 

I have not trained by myself for an open water race (it has always been with a club) but the planning is roughly the same. This article lays out some good points. 

• , I have found that when I am first stating back up swimming, I get cramps much more frequently. I have solved this try stretching pre and post workout... and then just giving it some time. Once I got in better shape and my legs/feet were used to the new routine, the cramps started to fade away. Some good info in this article as well. 

I have not trained by myself for an open water race (it has always been with a club) but the planning is roughly the same. This article lays out some good points. 

Children
No Data