20s and 30s Swimmers in Greater Seattle area

Hi everyone, sorry if this isn’t the right place to ask this, but does anyone know any Masters teams in the Greater Seattle area that are somewhat casual and/or have college or grad school age through 30s swimmers on their team?

All of the clubs I’ve tried have had an older age group and/or felt too competitive and I am mostly just splashing around to socialize. Thanks!

• There appear to be several - https://www.usms.org/clubs?q=&c=&pt=&l=&r=25&placeText=Seattle,%20WA,%20USA&zipcode=&lat=47.6062095&long=-122.3320708.  In my experience with a couple of teams, you need to try out each team.  Most will give you a week long trial.  Each team here offers morning and mid day (lunchtime) practices, at least part of the year.  The folks who attend each practice are often different, and each team has a different focus.  One caters more to tri-athletes, the other more to pool swimmers, but there are each type on each time (and like I said, there are differences even within the teams on the practice groups).  You should trial each team, and if your schedule allows, the different practice times if there are any.

• Thanks! I’ll check those out. Still wondering if anyone here on the forums has personal experience swimming in the Seattle area.

• Unfortunately, there was a change to the forums a few years ago, and what was once a relatively vibrant discussion place pretty much went away.  Not much goes on here, nowadays.  As for Seattle proper, there are regional forums.......but to show you how active this forum is, there hasn't been a post in your regional forum in a year.  https://community.usms.org/your-region/lmscs/f/pacific-northwest

You might scan facebook and see if there are any groups there?  Maybe Instagram or whatever other social media platform the Cool Kids nowadays use.

• I used to swim in that area, but it was a long time ago and may have changed.  I know in my current area (Boise) that nothing's the same after Covid, so that may be the case there as well.  Anyway, the masters team at the Federal Way Aquatic Center used to be a big team with a whole variety of ages and different practice times.  I always went to the 5am session. They did doughnuts and coffee in the bleachers once a week after the 5:00am practice, so they are/were a social group!

• Yeah I know what you mean, I was briefly online here back in 2016 before the great website revamp and now I don’t know if I can even find my old posts. I’ll definitely have better luck on mainstream social media at this point, maybe Meetup would have something :) 

• Yeah I know what you mean, I was briefly online here back in 2016 before the great website revamp and now I don’t know if I can even find my old posts. I’ll definitely have better luck on mainstream social media at this point, maybe Meetup would have something :) 

• I‘m sorry to hear your team hasn’t been the same since covid, that must be really hard! I was transitioning out of collegiate swimming into masters when covid hit, and it definitely took a toll on my college club team for a few years before they bounced back! It was hard to connect to my new Masters team with the required social distancing (we were spaced too far apart on the deck or in lanes to facilitate small talk, which was awful because there was a nice swimmer my age there who I tried to flirt with hahaha), and all our team socials got cancelled. I had to start a demanding new job so between that and covid I unfortunately quit regularly swimming but recently swam with a great club while traveling and it reminded me how badly I missed how fun swimming could be. I’ll definitely check out Federal Way, that seems to be the heart of the swimming community out in the PNW since I noticed a lot of big meets are scheduled there. It’s a bit of a hike from where I am up north, but I haven’t thought to check out their practice schedule so thank you for that idea! :)