Muscle pain from statins

Just wondering if any of you who may be taking a statin for cholesterol control are experiencing any side effects. I’m 62 years old. At my annual checkup in February, my primary care doc put me on one. I was reluctant, but he was adamant. My cholesterol has always hovered around 200…maybe +/- 10 points. The doc said one of the side effects can be muscle pain. So since I began taking them, I’m experiencing just a bit of discomfort in my upper arm/deltoid. I can still swim…but it’s a nuisance. (The deltoid discomfort seems to be the only side effect for me.)  Wondering how others (swimmers) are dealing with it.

Dan

Parents
  • I’m same age, same boat but my PCP says we’ll monitor it.  My HDLs are in the high range too.  Any possibility of getting a second opinion?  A different PCP? Did your PCP recommend any small changes in diet before putting you on a statin?

• I’m same age, same boat but my PCP says we’ll monitor it.  My HDLs are in the high range too.  Any possibility of getting a second opinion?  A different PCP? Did your PCP recommend any small changes in diet before putting you on a statin?

Children
No Data