68 year old Newbie not good enough of masters team

I am a 68 year old newbie swimmer . Yes I wrote 68 years old that was not a typo.

For the moment I swim about 1,000 meters a workout freestyle but predominantly with stubby fins . I feel I am not qualified to swim with a masters group and might even detract from the workout .

My goal is to swim as a competitor at the age of 70 and not to really suck but I am enjoying the process .

I have no coach and seek some advice on how best to improve and get some guidance . I am now moving to the Hudson Valley in New York but would consider traveling for a "swim camp" anywhere that might help me .

I thank all of you for being kind !

Parents
  • I just did a masters swim meet this year and won the slowest heat at the Tucson Polar beae in 100 yard breaststroke in 1:51.9. I finished 50th out of 90 swimmers. I use to swim mainly under 1:20 as a high school swimmer in the 1970's.  I swam a 50.75 50 yard breaststroke at the polar beat as well and was about 81 out of 150 swimmers in breaststroke in the 65 to 69 age group. Almost in the middle of the age group. So, yes I bet that teams would allow you on particularity the New Yorkers. Not as competive in the other three strokes. So I picked breaststroke to swim in the meet.

• I just did a masters swim meet this year and won the slowest heat at the Tucson Polar beae in 100 yard breaststroke in 1:51.9. I finished 50th out of 90 swimmers. I use to swim mainly under 1:20 as a high school swimmer in the 1970's.  I swam a 50.75 50 yard breaststroke at the polar beat as well and was about 81 out of 150 swimmers in breaststroke in the 65 to 69 age group. Almost in the middle of the age group. So, yes I bet that teams would allow you on particularity the New Yorkers. Not as competive in the other three strokes. So I picked breaststroke to swim in the meet.

Children
No Data