Falling asleep while swimming

Former Member
Former Member
Last night during workout we were doing a long hard set and I was tired and trying to hang on when I found my eyelids drooping :o This happened a couple times and then I had the distinct sensation of suddenly waking up :eek:, looking at the lines on the bottom of the pool and realizing that I was swimming. Has this happened to others? Luckily it's time to start my taper...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    I've only bonked twice in practice, and tonight was one of them. I hate it. Truly, it's one of the very few things I can't stand. One of my teammates, who posts on here occasionally, has the notion that I have some paranormal fear of swimming anything longer than a 100 during practice, and he is currently trying to "rehabilitate me" to rid me of this infliction. This bothers me. I suppose it would bother me less if I was not one of a very few numbers of females at our practices, and if I was not the only competing female and "A" lane girl. It's hard work trying to keep up with the four fast boys (well, men) in my lane. Sidetrack aside, I was in the water 15 minutes before practice started, doing some very easy laps, loosening up and trying to get out of my mental funk that I already knew I was going to have problems with, and maybe 15 minutes into practice (1x400 on 6:00, then 8x200's on 2:30) I was just like ".................." My brain completely flatlined. It was absolute shutdown. I got out of the pool, went down to the steam room, took my inhaler (for prevention purposes) and meditated until I couldn't take the heat anymore. Mental funk is definitely not gone (if you couldn't tell by the waywardness of this post), but hopefully I can ward off future bonking in practice by hitting the steam room a couple more times this week. Grr.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    I've only bonked twice in practice, and tonight was one of them. I hate it. Truly, it's one of the very few things I can't stand. One of my teammates, who posts on here occasionally, has the notion that I have some paranormal fear of swimming anything longer than a 100 during practice, and he is currently trying to "rehabilitate me" to rid me of this infliction. This bothers me. I suppose it would bother me less if I was not one of a very few numbers of females at our practices, and if I was not the only competing female and "A" lane girl. It's hard work trying to keep up with the four fast boys (well, men) in my lane. Sidetrack aside, I was in the water 15 minutes before practice started, doing some very easy laps, loosening up and trying to get out of my mental funk that I already knew I was going to have problems with, and maybe 15 minutes into practice (1x400 on 6:00, then 8x200's on 2:30) I was just like ".................." My brain completely flatlined. It was absolute shutdown. I got out of the pool, went down to the steam room, took my inhaler (for prevention purposes) and meditated until I couldn't take the heat anymore. Mental funk is definitely not gone (if you couldn't tell by the waywardness of this post), but hopefully I can ward off future bonking in practice by hitting the steam room a couple more times this week. Grr.
Children
No Data