Any recommendations for training watches?

Hi all!

I'm currently on the market for a new training watch. I used to have an apple watch (one of the first versions) and it's definitely on the fritz now. I'm getting more serious about my training and am ready to invest in a nicer smartwatch that is meant for training. That being said, I can't decide what to get! Garmin vs Coros or may something I haven't heard of yet. i am also hoping to get into triathlon training at some point soon so ideally something that would be useful for all three sports. 

Any and all recommendations or comments would be a great help!

Thank you swim community.

Parents
  • I am a FORM goggle user.  They have a HUGE tri group and customized workouts you can download with the phone app geared around getting you in shape for your next race.  I'm not a triathlete with a fake hip.  I just swim competitively now and don't have a coach that fits my schedule at any one of the masters swim programs here in boiling hot outdoor pool Houston.   I'm now an ambassador after I successfully beat stage 4 throat cancer and used the goggles to get back into racing shape.  I have a code for 15% off using GRAHAM15 on their site.

I also wear a Garmin Venu 2 at the same time, it's terrible at counting laps etc.and never syncs up accurately with the goggles.  The FORM goggles do integrate with other Garmin watches along with Apple watches.  This might be the ticket for you.  I truly love these goggles although.  

• I am a FORM goggle user.  They have a HUGE tri group and customized workouts you can download with the phone app geared around getting you in shape for your next race.  I'm not a triathlete with a fake hip.  I just swim competitively now and don't have a coach that fits my schedule at any one of the masters swim programs here in boiling hot outdoor pool Houston.   I'm now an ambassador after I successfully beat stage 4 throat cancer and used the goggles to get back into racing shape.  I have a code for 15% off using GRAHAM15 on their site.

I also wear a Garmin Venu 2 at the same time, it's terrible at counting laps etc.and never syncs up accurately with the goggles.  The FORM goggles do integrate with other Garmin watches along with Apple watches.  This might be the ticket for you.  I truly love these goggles although.  

Children
No Data