Hackett sets from old board?

Anyone by any chance get the various Hackett sets that  used to post?  I have the main all freestyle one.  I have one with 25 easy frees and 50 fast strokes.  I believe there were also 25 free/25 stroke, and possibly even a 50 free/25 stroke?  Really trying to work my 100 fly, and hoping to get some sets in where I am a little tired, but not too much to hold the stroke.  I think the set with 25's of stroke may help.  Unfortunately, the weeks where he had Hackett variations in the set are some of the ones that did not migrate over (weeks 12 and 31 from 2017).  I was copying as much as I could before the transition, but didn't get all of them.

Parents
  • Hey, 67King!  I do variations of the Hackett set all the time, depending upon my goals and upcoming events.  You've got the basics down.

• 16 efforts with every fourth one fast on X interval
    • 12 efforts with every third one fast on X+:05
    • 8 efforts with every second one fast on X+:10
    • 4 efforts, all fast on X+:15

"Fast" in my mind is the desired pace for the event I am focusing on.  If I were focusing on my 200, 500, 1000, miles, etc., then I'd want my 50 splits to be at EXACTLY that speed.

The standard freestyle set would be 50s, for a total of 2,000 yards, but there is an unlimited number of variations.  Here are some of my "go-to's:"

• 1. 200IM:  The "fast" would be stroke, in IM order, and the others would be easy free
    • 2. 100IM:  Same as above but 25s instead of 50s (1,000 total yards) and my starting interval would be :30
    • 3. Stroke 200:  Fast would be the stroke and EZs would be free
    • 4. Stroke 100:  Fast 25s would be the stroke and EZs are free
    • 5. Stroke 50:  To get more rest between efforts, I would swim FAST 25s as the stroke and EZ 50s in between to allow for recovery.  I'd do ALL the 25s on :30 and the recovery 50s as X and X+ by round.

For the best affect, I don't take any rest between each round, but "masters prerogative" always prevails.  The pace clock can get a bit confusing, too!

I did the 200IM version last Friday where I wanted to hold my splits to :32 (fly), :37 (back), :38 (breast), and :32 (free) for a net 200IM time of 2:19.  For this version, I started with a :45 interval and ended with 4x50s on 1:00, in IM order.  My breaststroke needs work.

Hope that helps!

Mark

• Hey, 67King!  I do variations of the Hackett set all the time, depending upon my goals and upcoming events.  You've got the basics down.

• 16 efforts with every fourth one fast on X interval
    • 12 efforts with every third one fast on X+:05
    • 8 efforts with every second one fast on X+:10
    • 4 efforts, all fast on X+:15

"Fast" in my mind is the desired pace for the event I am focusing on.  If I were focusing on my 200, 500, 1000, miles, etc., then I'd want my 50 splits to be at EXACTLY that speed.

The standard freestyle set would be 50s, for a total of 2,000 yards, but there is an unlimited number of variations.  Here are some of my "go-to's:"

• 1. 200IM:  The "fast" would be stroke, in IM order, and the others would be easy free
    • 2. 100IM:  Same as above but 25s instead of 50s (1,000 total yards) and my starting interval would be :30
    • 3. Stroke 200:  Fast would be the stroke and EZs would be free
    • 4. Stroke 100:  Fast 25s would be the stroke and EZs are free
    • 5. Stroke 50:  To get more rest between efforts, I would swim FAST 25s as the stroke and EZ 50s in between to allow for recovery.  I'd do ALL the 25s on :30 and the recovery 50s as X and X+ by round.

For the best affect, I don't take any rest between each round, but "masters prerogative" always prevails.  The pace clock can get a bit confusing, too!

I did the 200IM version last Friday where I wanted to hold my splits to :32 (fly), :37 (back), :38 (breast), and :32 (free) for a net 200IM time of 2:19.  For this version, I started with a :45 interval and ended with 4x50s on 1:00, in IM order.  My breaststroke needs work.

Hope that helps!

Mark

Children
  • Thanks, Mark!  
    1.  Got it, do that one on occasion, same intervals as my free (:45 base)

2.  Starting interval at :30, how much do you increase per round?

3. Got it......but I'm not ready for a 200 fly :)

4.  Assume just like 2, but stroke, rather than IMO....so the same question.

5.  I have seen and done before.  That's I think 1400 yards.  That's one of the ones I recall, but couldn't recall the send offs.  That's one I should add.  I have the "opposite" of that where the easy free's are 25's, but the fast stroke is a 50.

I'm trying to get an NQT in the 100 Fly.  I think I can hit it, but I"m not sure.  And unfortunately, I'm not sure I'm going to make the meet in Auburn in a few weeks that I had hoped to.  Can't be there the day they do the 100, so I'd have to swim the 200, and just do the 100 fast, and hope I manage the last 100 legally.