In the Wild Card 200 IM, what order would you choose?

The Duel in the Pool featured a Mystery 200 IM LCM where the swimmer could choose the order of the four strokes (even leading off with backstroke from the block). I am not sure I would deviate from the standard IM. What order would you choose and why? 

Watch the entertaining race: https://fb.watch/f3imFID4HX/

Parents
  • BR is the slowest stroke so it is most advantageous to have the dive for BR. BR goes first.

FLY is most exhausting so it is advantageous to do it fresh. FLY goes second.

FLY-BK is an easy transition. Moreover the unlimited breathing on BK helps recover from FLY. BK goes 3rd. (YMMV depending on your kickout)

By process of elimination FR is last.

If you are small and get tosses around by the waves in fly, and/or your fly is very poor, FY-BR-BK-FR might be better.

• BR is the slowest stroke so it is most advantageous to have the dive for BR. BR goes first.

FLY is most exhausting so it is advantageous to do it fresh. FLY goes second.

FLY-BK is an easy transition. Moreover the unlimited breathing on BK helps recover from FLY. BK goes 3rd. (YMMV depending on your kickout)

By process of elimination FR is last.

If you are small and get tosses around by the waves in fly, and/or your fly is very poor, FY-BR-BK-FR might be better.

Children
  • The only argument I would have against this order is that if everyone gets to choose their order, then you might be negatively affected by having to swim in more turbulent water for more of the race.  Otherwise, yes.  Anything I could do to neutralize that albatross around my neck knows as Breast Stroke would be the way to go!