Swimming after having Covid

I think I had been very careful during the pandemic. I've had my vaccinations and both boosters and wear a mask in the grocery store. I think the universe has a sense of humor because I tested positive for Covid shortly  after beginning the taper for my taper meet. I don't seem to have any of the serious complications, but aside from the fact that I can't swim because I'm supposed to quarantine, I can't swim now because just standing standing up and walking is really tiring. 

I am interested in what other swimmers experience is with getting back into shape and tips for "doing but not over doing". 

Parents
  • I was fully vax’d and boosted when I tested positive. Coincidently, the evening before I tested positive was the last day of “speed week” at my pool. And, already beginning to feel crappy…I set pool records for my age-group in three events. But after my quarantine period, and recovery, for about a month I could feel the impact in my lungs. I felt fine while sitting around, or even walking. But when I began strenuous aerobic exercise I could really feel the impact of reduced lung function.

Dan

• I was fully vax’d and boosted when I tested positive. Coincidently, the evening before I tested positive was the last day of “speed week” at my pool. And, already beginning to feel crappy…I set pool records for my age-group in three events. But after my quarantine period, and recovery, for about a month I could feel the impact in my lungs. I felt fine while sitting around, or even walking. But when I began strenuous aerobic exercise I could really feel the impact of reduced lung function.

Dan

Children
No Data