Swimming after having Covid

I think I had been very careful during the pandemic. I've had my vaccinations and both boosters and wear a mask in the grocery store. I think the universe has a sense of humor because I tested positive for Covid shortly  after beginning the taper for my taper meet. I don't seem to have any of the serious complications, but aside from the fact that I can't swim because I'm supposed to quarantine, I can't swim now because just standing standing up and walking is really tiring. 

I am interested in what other swimmers experience is with getting back into shape and tips for "doing but not over doing". 

Parents
  • Allen I think Mel's advice - listen to your body - is spot on.  I just got C for the first time, probably Omicron B-something.  I started on Paxlovid within 24 hours of 1st symptoms and that was a miracle.  Within 4 days I was testing -.  That's not to say I was fine.  I have a lingering chronic throat clearing.  My first foray swimming was like, an easy 1000 or so yards in a lake.  Being in nature itself felt HEALING!!!  I swear - if you can get in warm water with a wet suit perhaps, there's a huge benefit.  Each subsequent swim has been better.  I worked gradually to where I had been pre-Covid.  I can't say I have noticed any lasting effects on my swimming.   So - take it really easy at first and listen to your body.  Your old exercise habits may want to override this so be careful!

• Allen I think Mel's advice - listen to your body - is spot on.  I just got C for the first time, probably Omicron B-something.  I started on Paxlovid within 24 hours of 1st symptoms and that was a miracle.  Within 4 days I was testing -.  That's not to say I was fine.  I have a lingering chronic throat clearing.  My first foray swimming was like, an easy 1000 or so yards in a lake.  Being in nature itself felt HEALING!!!  I swear - if you can get in warm water with a wet suit perhaps, there's a huge benefit.  Each subsequent swim has been better.  I worked gradually to where I had been pre-Covid.  I can't say I have noticed any lasting effects on my swimming.   So - take it really easy at first and listen to your body.  Your old exercise habits may want to override this so be careful!

Children
No Data