What's wrong with this picture? (Pool lane lines)

Our community pool opened for the summer, and here are the lane lines this morning as set up for the time reserved for adult lap swim.  Would you consider this a safety issue?  Help me write a note to my city council.  Or tell me if it's fine.  Setting aside the first lane on the left, are you okay with the straight double lane dividers?

I politely asked two employees about it and their answer boiled down to, "it's a lot of work to change the lines for when family swim starts in a couple of hours".  

Parents
  • I work a few hours in a part-time position as a lifeguard at the pool where I swim. I just want to point out, which I’m sure you all realize, that moving the lane lines isn’t any great task. We have to move them back and forth for various classes…like water aerobics, family open swim, etc., and lap swim sessions. It’s part of the job! In a six lane pool (like the one pictured) it takes us all of about five minutes or less to move three of the lines to open up half the pool. Those lifeguards have nothing to complain about. Do your job!!!

Edited to add…think of having the lane lines properly clinched up and not obtrusive as a safety mishap preventative. As previously mentioned…hitting them can be quite painful, and potentially cause an injury in the form of broken fingers/hand, possible lacerations, etc. And of course in the injury mishap report submitted by the victim, the cause of the injury would have to be stated.  Personally, I’d rather deal with the lane lines than administering first aid that could have been prevented. — Dan

• I work a few hours in a part-time position as a lifeguard at the pool where I swim. I just want to point out, which I’m sure you all realize, that moving the lane lines isn’t any great task. We have to move them back and forth for various classes…like water aerobics, family open swim, etc., and lap swim sessions. It’s part of the job! In a six lane pool (like the one pictured) it takes us all of about five minutes or less to move three of the lines to open up half the pool. Those lifeguards have nothing to complain about. Do your job!!!

Edited to add…think of having the lane lines properly clinched up and not obtrusive as a safety mishap preventative. As previously mentioned…hitting them can be quite painful, and potentially cause an injury in the form of broken fingers/hand, possible lacerations, etc. And of course in the injury mishap report submitted by the victim, the cause of the injury would have to be stated.  Personally, I’d rather deal with the lane lines than administering first aid that could have been prevented. — Dan

Children
No Data