What's wrong with this picture? (Pool lane lines)

Our community pool opened for the summer, and here are the lane lines this morning as set up for the time reserved for adult lap swim.  Would you consider this a safety issue?  Help me write a note to my city council.  Or tell me if it's fine.  Setting aside the first lane on the left, are you okay with the straight double lane dividers?

I politely asked two employees about it and their answer boiled down to, "it's a lot of work to change the lines for when family swim starts in a couple of hours".  

Parents
  • You are correct; it's unacceptable. It is their job to make the pool safe for adult lap swim.  They are getting paid by the hour, so if it's "too much work," that is their problem; they shouldn't make it yours.

You spoke with employees, but did you take it to management?  Start there, and if you don't get satisfaction, let them know you will be taking it on up the line to the mayor if that's what it takes!

Good luck!

• You are correct; it's unacceptable. It is their job to make the pool safe for adult lap swim.  They are getting paid by the hour, so if it's "too much work," that is their problem; they shouldn't make it yours.

You spoke with employees, but did you take it to management?  Start there, and if you don't get satisfaction, let them know you will be taking it on up the line to the mayor if that's what it takes!

Good luck!

Children
No Data