Tech Suit Recommendations?

Hi all! 

Looking to buy my very first tech suit! I swam competitively from age 7 - 19, but I never bought a tech suit because I didn't think I was "worthy". I've been back in the water for a year and made some NQTs, so I'm excited and looking to treat myself! I swim all 50s and the 100 free. I'm trying to find something that works for sprinting, but won't be so uncomfortable that I'll be hurting throughout the day. 

Thanks!

Parents
  • Don't know if you are male or female, but if female, I would highly, highly recommend you find a store and try some on.  It may take 3 hours, and you may have to pay full price.  But having been through this with 2 daughters, a suit that fits right is huge.  If they don't, they can actually take in water and slow you down (if the front above the breasts, or back at the small of the back have slight gaps, they don't fit.  THe good news is once you find a style that fits, you can watch for them to go on sale and buy them for less.  But an ill fitting suit is a detriment, not an asset.

Also, for longer sessions, many girls have bikini tops, and they pull the tech suits down to relive the stress on the shoulders.  But once it is on above the waist, then it isn't as tough.

• Don't know if you are male or female, but if female, I would highly, highly recommend you find a store and try some on.  It may take 3 hours, and you may have to pay full price.  But having been through this with 2 daughters, a suit that fits right is huge.  If they don't, they can actually take in water and slow you down (if the front above the breasts, or back at the small of the back have slight gaps, they don't fit.  THe good news is once you find a style that fits, you can watch for them to go on sale and buy them for less.  But an ill fitting suit is a detriment, not an asset.

Also, for longer sessions, many girls have bikini tops, and they pull the tech suits down to relive the stress on the shoulders.  But once it is on above the waist, then it isn't as tough.

Children
  • I agree!!! Torso length and hip circumference are really variable and there have been suits I wear a 26 and some a 30, even within same branding.   Generally, knowing your measurements is a good start. The other options is to buy 3-5 of them from somewhere with a solid return policy and enjoy the misery of trying on in your own home.