First swim competition as Masters swimmer (would be from old forum)

Alright, so I guess I started swimming about 4.5 years ago.  Posted here about it.  Doubt anyone other than Elaine recalls, and just her because it turned out that she and 67QueenMum are friends, and she lives in my hometown!

At any rate, had been hoping to do a meet for a while, but things just kept happening.  Then last year when COVID hit, I took up open water swimming.  And since I never had a good situation to train with a team, I kept at the open water stuff because I liked the people.  Decided I'd do the 10K swim the locals host, the Bridges to Bluffs swim.  Coming into this year, I had 3 goals.  I just BARELY missed two of them.  LIke by one minute for each of those (absolute time, and a person I wanted to beat).  Crushed the third goal.  Anyway, this was the first competition I have done in almost 30 years, when I was in high school.  Frist swimming competition in over 35, as I quit swimming at about age 11.

Anyway, I finally did a competition.  Wasn't a pool competition, but I did one.  And am very happy with how it went.

Parents
  • Good for you. I’m still waiting for a safe enough meet. I think I remember your first post. I was/am always looking for new forumites 

• Yeah, this was all outdoor, so I figure it is safe.  It was cancelled last year, but it was run successfully this year.

I think my first post was asking how long I should take before switching from laps to authored workouts.  And then I went on to poke fun at myself a little bit for how tough it was, particularly backstroke before I got a nose clip.

• Yeah, this was all outdoor, so I figure it is safe.  It was cancelled last year, but it was run successfully this year.

I think my first post was asking how long I should take before switching from laps to authored workouts.  And then I went on to poke fun at myself a little bit for how tough it was, particularly backstroke before I got a nose clip.

Children
No Data