Will you critique my stroke technique?

Will you please critique my stroke technique on this 200 IM video?  Please keep in mind that I am NOT looking to increase my speed; my goal is solely to improve my stroke.  Why?  I have dysautonomia (aka autonomic neuropathy), a disorder of my autonomic nervous system.  I need to keep my heart rate less than around 130 bpm to avoid the tailspin my autonomic nervous system goes into at higher intensity.   As a result, I can no longer race my races; I swim my races.  NQT's are no longer on my annual goal list!

Looking over my video, I do see that I need to get my arms in for a tighter streamline.  The slow speed of my underwater dolphin kick is intentional.  I'm in Lane 2, wearing the blue suit and blue USMS cap:

https://youtu.be/LUmR69OH17k

Thanks, Forumites, for your constructive criticism!

Parents
  • Ug, that stinks, I'm sorry to read that!  So a thought for you.  Have you ever considered taking up distance.....like open water......swimming?  Obviously if you are doing, say a 10K, you can't maintain 160bpm for 2.5 hours.

• Thanks, '67.  I LOVE open water!  I compete in the Georgia Games Open Water Meet every summer at Lake Acworth, and I really enjoy it.  I wish there were more open water opportunities around Griffin.

I used to compete in the 1650 and 1500; however, it made for a tough meet line-up, since I also like the 400 IM and 200 Fly, in addition to my breaststroke events.  My meet line-ups were INSANE in the past; however, I can no longer tackle all of those events in one day.

I love training and swimming all four strokes, so I can never be just a distance freestyler.  Thanks for the idea, though!

• Thanks, '67.  I LOVE open water!  I compete in the Georgia Games Open Water Meet every summer at Lake Acworth, and I really enjoy it.  I wish there were more open water opportunities around Griffin.

I used to compete in the 1650 and 1500; however, it made for a tough meet line-up, since I also like the 400 IM and 200 Fly, in addition to my breaststroke events.  My meet line-ups were INSANE in the past; however, I can no longer tackle all of those events in one day.

I love training and swimming all four strokes, so I can never be just a distance freestyler.  Thanks for the idea, though!

Children
No Data