here we go AGAIN !!

Masks are being brought back for indoor use in Illinois due to the Delta  covid 19!  Can we all just get the vac shots we need to close this chaperon our lives?

If you can't get it for medical reasons, then wear a mask to protect yourself & us.  Thanks.

Parents
  • UT Hospital has called on the National Guard to help staff the hospital as it shuts down various wards to expand the COVID ICU, which is well over capacity.  They are also filling out FEMA paperwork.

Average age of people in the ICU is floating around 49-50.  Most are without pre-existing issues.  Many very young.  My wife had a new mother in her late 20's die of it 2 weeks after delivery last year.  Now she has a 38 y/0 mother a week from delivering in the ICU, and a 20 y/o mother on ECMO, who they do not expect to survive.

14% of kids in the local school system were out yesterday.  If this were flu, they would have closed schools.  But nope, not for COVID.  And of course, no mask mandate.  Freedom and all that.  Rumor is they'll let kids come to school nude, and repeal all DWI laws for the sake of freedom, too.

Brother in law, a big skeptic.  Caught it.  He's been bedridden with up to a 103 degree fever for over a week.

I don't want to tell you what I think about our stupid freakin' politicians, both state and local.

• UT Hospital has called on the National Guard to help staff the hospital as it shuts down various wards to expand the COVID ICU, which is well over capacity.  They are also filling out FEMA paperwork.

Average age of people in the ICU is floating around 49-50.  Most are without pre-existing issues.  Many very young.  My wife had a new mother in her late 20's die of it 2 weeks after delivery last year.  Now she has a 38 y/0 mother a week from delivering in the ICU, and a 20 y/o mother on ECMO, who they do not expect to survive.

14% of kids in the local school system were out yesterday.  If this were flu, they would have closed schools.  But nope, not for COVID.  And of course, no mask mandate.  Freedom and all that.  Rumor is they'll let kids come to school nude, and repeal all DWI laws for the sake of freedom, too.

Brother in law, a big skeptic.  Caught it.  He's been bedridden with up to a 103 degree fever for over a week.

I don't want to tell you what I think about our stupid freakin' politicians, both state and local.

Children
  • It's just as bad down here in Griffin.  I've been tracking cases since the beginning of the pandemic, and this is the worst I have seen.  We had 36 cases yesterday, and that has been typical lately.  (Of course, that doesn't count those who don't bother getting tested OR those who are asymptomatic and spreading the virus, because the won't mask up.)

There was medical emergency the other day at the golf club in Sun City, and a Life Flight helicopter had to come in and fly the patient to a hospital in north Georgia, because Wellstar Hospital here in Spalding County is full.

I've come to the conclusion that when it comes to the anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, and politicians who subscribe to that point of view; you just can't fix stupid.  I've given up trying to make any sense of it.