Caeleb Dressel and Katie Ledecky's gold medal haul in Tokyo

How many gold medals will Caeleb Dressel and Katie Ledecky combine for in Tokyo? Here are guesses from some people in the National Office from our latest issue of SWIMMER:

Myself: 13
Dawson Hughes: 8
Kyle Deery: 9
Jay Eckert: 11
Steve Hall: 12

Parents
  • OK let's see.

Dressel - 50 fr, 100 fr, 100 fly, 400 MR, 400 MMR

100 free is his most questionable individual with Chalmers there (not going to say Popovici drops another half second quite yet).  I'm going to say Russia takes the 400 FR.  400 MR depends upon how Greenbank leads off for GB.

Ledecky - 800 fr, 1500 fr

I hope I'm wrong about this, but Titmus has the momentum.  I could see Katie getting bronze in the 200 even behind her and Pelligrini.  And Australia's free relays are just too good.

So, that's total 7 golds.

• I hope your wrong about the 200, too, because I would LOVE to see Katie clean up!  For that matter, the same goes for Caleb.  

I'm an optimist, so I am going with Daniel's 13! 

• Women's 200 should be a really good race - Titmus, Ledecky, Pelligrini as the favorites, but Siobhan Haughey, the Chinese and the Canadians could be right there too.  Somebody like Freya Anderson or one of the Germans could break out.

400 is a little simpler - pretty much Titmus or Ledecky.  Dark horse Kesely.

As for Dressel - maaaaaybe they give him a shot in the 8 FR?  He only has the 100 free semi as the first event that morning and nothing that afternoon.  I just don't think they have a chance to win it with or without him.  GB and Russia and probably Australia are just too good top to bottom there.

• Women's 200 should be a really good race - Titmus, Ledecky, Pelligrini as the favorites, but Siobhan Haughey, the Chinese and the Canadians could be right there too.  Somebody like Freya Anderson or one of the Germans could break out.

400 is a little simpler - pretty much Titmus or Ledecky.  Dark horse Kesely.

As for Dressel - maaaaaybe they give him a shot in the 8 FR?  He only has the 100 free semi as the first event that morning and nothing that afternoon.  I just don't think they have a chance to win it with or without him.  GB and Russia and probably Australia are just too good top to bottom there.

Children
No Data