Olympics Mixed Medley Relay lineup: Who will be chosen?

The trials are over and the drum has been signed!  Now, for the big question:  Which two women and two men will be chosen to swim the first ever Olympics Mixed Medley Relay?  Who will swim which strokes?  Of course, a lot will depend on what happens during the Olympics, and the relay team may not be set in ink until right before the deadline.  Hypothetically, if the team were chosen based on their trials performances, which four swimmers would you choose, and which leg would they swim?

I've been going through various scenarios in my head, and I keep going back to having Regan Smith swim backstroke and Lilly King swim breaststroke.  I would love to see Caeleb Dressel anchor the relay; however, he would be awesome on the fly leg as well.  Nawww, Caeleb MUST anchor the relay!  

Thoughts???

Parents Reply
  • The US won at worlds with Lilly King and that was against Peaty. Michael Andrews will probably final in the 100 BR. He may even medal, but King way faster than the other women and as Elaine pointed out, who would the other women be. Finally, King has tons of relay experience between NCAA and International competition that Andrews just doesn’t have. 

Children
No Data