USRPT vindicated?

Michael Andrews made the Olympic team using USRPT (although a coach says he heard that wasn't exclusive anymore)

Also, is this the first thread started about Trials?

Parents
  • I gotta admit, it is telling seeing him throw out anchors for the last quarter of everything.  I can't help but wonder how a guy with his height advantage may fare if he incorporated some training to improve his stamina.  Most of the workouts I do have similar philosophies, and when I do test swims, I'm dead by te last quarter of a race (e.g. I swim 25's at pace of stroke, and I'm dead after 75 yards).  I've been assuming it was because my training tends to be less consistent than I'd like.  I think, like most things, USRPT is probably one tool, not a silver bullet.

• I gotta admit, it is telling seeing him throw out anchors for the last quarter of everything.  I can't help but wonder how a guy with his height advantage may fare if he incorporated some training to improve his stamina.  Most of the workouts I do have similar philosophies, and when I do test swims, I'm dead by te last quarter of a race (e.g. I swim 25's at pace of stroke, and I'm dead after 75 yards).  I've been assuming it was because my training tends to be less consistent than I'd like.  I think, like most things, USRPT is probably one tool, not a silver bullet.

Children
No Data