USRPT vindicated?

Michael Andrews made the Olympic team using USRPT (although a coach says he heard that wasn't exclusive anymore)

Also, is this the first thread started about Trials?

Parents
  • This is the first thread I have seen regarding the current Olympic Trials.  I have been glued to the TV every night, including during Wave 1!  I was so excited to see Allison Schmitt squeak in for another Olympics!

Is it my imagination, or are many of the backstrokers entering the back of their hand before turning it for the pull (instead of pinkie finger first)? 

Another observation:  That gal in Lane 1 of the 1500 meter race sure was an exhibitionist, wasn't she?  She did the same thing during Wave 1, and it was an obnoxious display of attention-getting behavior, in my opinion.  It's too bad the cameras focused more on her rather than the other swimmers in the final race.  

• Allison did not "squeak" onto the team. Squeak is finishing 7th in the 200 and getting onto the relay as a prelims swimmer because someone gave up their slot or DQed. Alison finished a solid 2nd in the 200 fr with a solid swim. She will get to swim the individual 200 fr and the 4x200 FR in Tokyo, the latter probably in the finals session. This will be her 4th Olympics. Quick quiz: Name other swimmers who have been on 4 Olympic teams. Phelps and, um, er, ah,. yea, the list is pretty darn short. Allison is awesome!

Don't be dissin' Sierra Schmidt's pre-race dancing either. She has found a playful way to manage pre-race jitters. I've met her and her family quite few times. She is a very nice young woman, (who does some truly brutal sets in the pool) and her parents are humble and generous.

• Phelps, Lochte, Dara Torres, I think Amanda Beard and Jenny Thompson made 4?  Might be a couple others.  And Schmitt should get at least a relay 100 swim tonight too!

Reply Children
No Data