Well, darn. Workouts appear to be gone

Was really hoping the workouts would be preserved.  I tried to get several copied down, but didn't succeed.  And yes I know I can go do a search and pull out a workout for whatever I want to work for.  But I prefer to follow authored workouts by the same coach as there seems to be a system to follow.  And I also prefer the one coach whose workouts I tended to follow most frequently (I prefer holding pace over a main set with sufficient rest to longer distances at slower paces with less rest - so they look a little more USRPT like).  Maybe I'll email him to see if he has that stuff archived and if I could potentially get some of it.

Oh, hey, am I first (non-Beta) on the new forum?  Woot.

Parents
  • If you are looking for the old online coached workouts, they are listed here: https://community.usms.org/archived-online-coached-workouts/archived-workouts/

If you are looking for the member-generated workouts, they are here: https://community.usms.org/swimming/f/workouts

Woot indeed. Welcome to Community! Grinning

• Thank you!  Not sure how I missed that, guess I got impatient in my browsing.

WOnder if there is any plan to fix the formatting?  Really, really hard to read.  There are also some missing weeks.  Of course, the only ones I see are the ones for right now!  And they are supposed to be specifically what I want to work on (200 and 500 Free) as I build back up after being out for nearly 3 months.  Getting there.....slowly.

• I agree, the formatting is so difficult to read.  The layout in the prior forum was so convenient.

• and if you are looking for structured workouts, I highly suggest the workout library. Those workouts can be easily sent to your device, printed as a PDF, or even customized the way you want them via the Swim.com app. The formatting on older workouts was not something we could bring over from the old forums after many attempts to do so. 

www.usms.org/workout-library

• I've looked at them, but it isn't about the individual workouts or sets.  I just liked the philosophy and style of one particular coach who used to author workouts.  Not quite full, but USRPT or HIIT like. But I like doing several reps of the same thing geared towards specific events.  With sufficient rest so that I can swim those reps like I would that event.  I have not found that on the workout library or swim.com.  For that matter, I can't even select an event to train for, just more generic training.

Now, I will do those long sets where there are some 400 yard reps wiht short rest intervals.  But I don't find that those help me learn how to swim at a specific speed, nor do they help me understand how different pacing feels.  And the sets I like are generally geared towards specific events.  I've looked at the ones there, as well as the ones on swim.com.  But I also don't trust myself to determine how to train throughout the years, with sets designed over a longer period of time - meaning a coach that has a strategy for how practices and even weeks flow together, rather than haphazard practices.

I haven't looked at swim.com in a few weeks, but I recall it being similar.  Of course, I don't like spending as much time loading stuff onto my phone, then my watch, or whatever as I do actually training.

Anyway, not trying to be whiney.  Just set in my ways, I guess.

•  each speciality on the Workout Library is done by a specific coach for that year just like the old online coaches workouts, except in a more modern presentation. But, if you haven't found it useful, and only enjoyed the member-generated workouts, I would reach out to those coaches who used to create them. 

Lastly, you can try our Fitness Series training plans. They are event specific 6-week plans. We do plan on creating more event-specific plans in the future. 

www.usms.org/.../fitness-series-training-plans

• Kyle, the link is broken.  Can you tell me where to find this?  Sounds more in line with what I am looking for.

Reply Children