Hello, Beta Testers!

Hey there, testers!

Yeah, I'm back with my favorite blue Comic Sans font.  Unless Kyle deletes it from the options, you're all stuck with it!  Ok, I'm bummed; the old "Smilies" are gone!  I guess I'll have to insert them as images from the ones I save on my computer: 

Kyle, please bring back the Smilies from the forums and include them with the other emoticons!  They're a lot more fun and expressive.  They're also unique to USMS, and those of us who have been on here for a long time like them!

So, who else is testing?  King Frog, are you out there? 

Cheers!

Elaine

Parents
  • And I'm back ... though I'm thinking maybe with the new Forums (is that what we're still calling it), maybe I need to just update my screen name.  Just be me - Patrick Brundage?  

• Welcome back, fellow beta tester!  Yikes! This font is too large, and this one is too small.  I preferred the in-between option on the old forums.

Patrick, whatever you choose, it's great having you as a contributor.  You are always positive and helpful, and I'm glad you are here!  I remember meeting you in person at the Greensboro SC Nationals, and you gave me great advice when I talked with you in the stands.  You were very helpful and supportive, and I never forgot that.  Thanks for being part of my coaching-by-committee coaches!  If it weren't for the forums--- uh, make that "community"-- I would be lost!

•  , and .  Thanks for your help testing out the the new USMS Community. We appreciate your input and although we may not get everything to the level of everyone's preferences, as you become more familiar with the new layout I think you'll find it an improvement (among a lot of other new functionality we can now provide).   More importantly, it will be significantly easier for members to access the discussion and we'll be doing our best to drive more participation. 

Thanks again. 

-Dawson

•  , and .  Thanks for your help testing out the the new USMS Community. We appreciate your input and although we may not get everything to the level of everyone's preferences, as you become more familiar with the new layout I think you'll find it an improvement (among a lot of other new functionality we can now provide).   More importantly, it will be significantly easier for members to access the discussion and we'll be doing our best to drive more participation. 

Thanks again. 

-Dawson

Children
  • You're welcome, Dawson.  I've contacted Kyle with some of the issues I have come across.  One of the "bugs" is that when I click on the icon on my tool bar that I saved to take me directly to "General Swimming," it takes me to My USMS instead.  The second time I click on it, though, it takes me here to the correct page.  Strange...

I am also pushing to bring back the "Smilies" from the forums, and add them to the emoticons menu.  Yeah, I know; it's a minor detail.  Some of us have been on the forums for several years, though, and we love our Smilies!