What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    I've met a lot of swimmers in my day, but "Slow Freestyler" tops everyone. This guy has a "private trainer" (same guy who's in the work study program at the University Pool*) who desperately tries to teach this guy proper freestyle technique. Instead, "Slow Freestyler" does this Doggie-Paddle/Freestyle hybrid with his head entirely above the water. This guy is SO SLOW that I can beat him with my breaststroke, yes... BREASTSTROKE!! I timed this guy twice: Once when I was wearing my Aqua Sphere full body suit (I came in one length of the pool at 48 seconds with the breaststroke and he came in at 1:52, doing his Doggie-Paddle/Freestyle hybrid.) The second time, I timed him when I was wearing my speedo (I came in at 50 seconds with the breaststroke and he trailed along at 1:57, doing his Doggie-Paddle/Freestyle hybrid. Again one length of the pool. Y'don't want to know what my freestyle result was compared to his! :lol: ) Of course, I did this without fins. It's so sad, but funny (for all the wrong reasons) to see this guy desperately trying to swim.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    I've met a lot of swimmers in my day, but "Slow Freestyler" tops everyone. This guy has a "private trainer" (same guy who's in the work study program at the University Pool*) who desperately tries to teach this guy proper freestyle technique. Instead, "Slow Freestyler" does this Doggie-Paddle/Freestyle hybrid with his head entirely above the water. This guy is SO SLOW that I can beat him with my breaststroke, yes... BREASTSTROKE!! I timed this guy twice: Once when I was wearing my Aqua Sphere full body suit (I came in one length of the pool at 48 seconds with the breaststroke and he came in at 1:52, doing his Doggie-Paddle/Freestyle hybrid.) The second time, I timed him when I was wearing my speedo (I came in at 50 seconds with the breaststroke and he trailed along at 1:57, doing his Doggie-Paddle/Freestyle hybrid. Again one length of the pool. Y'don't want to know what my freestyle result was compared to his! :lol: ) Of course, I did this without fins. It's so sad, but funny (for all the wrong reasons) to see this guy desperately trying to swim.
Children
No Data