What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by Kae1 I often wind up sharing the pool at the gym with people "swimming laps" who look as though they will sustain serious injury if they keep at it the way they are going. At one pool where I swim (public city lap pool), it's quite rare that I see someone with good swimming form. I think I have only seen 3 or 4 people there who looked like they knew what they were doing. In a couple of those cases, I made it a point to complement their swimming style. Otherwise I see (and hear) some really bad swimming. I was one of those really bad swimmers until a few months ago when I got some real coaching from a Masters club. Now that I know what the correct form looks like, I can see the bad swimming. So I can understand how some swimmers with bad form might not realize how bad they are.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by Kae1 I often wind up sharing the pool at the gym with people "swimming laps" who look as though they will sustain serious injury if they keep at it the way they are going. At one pool where I swim (public city lap pool), it's quite rare that I see someone with good swimming form. I think I have only seen 3 or 4 people there who looked like they knew what they were doing. In a couple of those cases, I made it a point to complement their swimming style. Otherwise I see (and hear) some really bad swimming. I was one of those really bad swimmers until a few months ago when I got some real coaching from a Masters club. Now that I know what the correct form looks like, I can see the bad swimming. So I can understand how some swimmers with bad form might not realize how bad they are.
Children
No Data