What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by Kae1 I often wind up sharing the pool at the gym with people "swimming laps" who look as though they will sustain serious injury if they keep at it the way they are going. There's the thrashers, who swing their arms so fast it looks like they're training for baseball pitching (and tend to be the ones who think you have to swim Tarzan-style with your head out of the water, whipping from one side to another); there's the "manatees" - the ones with their rear ends on the bottom of the pool and noses poking above the water - often swimming breaststroke with a long pull down to their knees and not going anywhere. I worry for the shoulders and necks of these poor people, not to mention the fact that they probably aren't getting any benefit whatsoever from their "workout". I'm sure y'all see this, too. My question is do you ever mention it to them? Casually direct them to a good book or clinic on technique? Offered to teach them? Kae Sometimes I want to do that. I don't, though, because I suspect more people than not will take offense of some sort at the suggestion.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by Kae1 I often wind up sharing the pool at the gym with people "swimming laps" who look as though they will sustain serious injury if they keep at it the way they are going. There's the thrashers, who swing their arms so fast it looks like they're training for baseball pitching (and tend to be the ones who think you have to swim Tarzan-style with your head out of the water, whipping from one side to another); there's the "manatees" - the ones with their rear ends on the bottom of the pool and noses poking above the water - often swimming breaststroke with a long pull down to their knees and not going anywhere. I worry for the shoulders and necks of these poor people, not to mention the fact that they probably aren't getting any benefit whatsoever from their "workout". I'm sure y'all see this, too. My question is do you ever mention it to them? Casually direct them to a good book or clinic on technique? Offered to teach them? Kae Sometimes I want to do that. I don't, though, because I suspect more people than not will take offense of some sort at the suggestion.
Children
No Data