What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Every pet peeve known to swimming-kind in the same night: Last night I went to the gym after work (as usual). There are 3 pretty wide lanes in the 25-meter pool, but we can't really circle swim because it's a gym, not a team practice, and people get there at different times, are doing different workouts, and some may not even know what the concept of circle swimming is. Every lane has 2 people in it, and there are 2 others (besides me) waiting. We wait patiently, it takes about 20 minutes for me to get in (I was last there). About halfway through my workout, another swimmer shows up and waits patiently on deck. In the meantime, stretch-cord-string-bikini woman shows up, plops her gear (in a big, rolling duffel) at the end of the middle lane, and gets in the water. However, after staking her claim, she does stay off to the side on the steps. Then grumpy-old-man shows up and gets in the water, and just starts walking up and down a lane that already has 2 lap swimmers in it. Eventually, one gets out; stretch-cord-string-bikini woman gets in (the first one waiting is still patiently waiting on deck). Stretech-cord-string-bikini woman starts her "workout," which begins with holding on to a "noodle" and bouncing back and forth -- across the lane, mind you -- that grumpy-old-man and some poor guy training for a triathlon were in. I finish, motion to Mr. Patient that I'm done, he can have my lane, and get out. Triathlon guy gets out at about the same time, tells me that grump-old-man walked into him, and when he said "excuse me, I'm trying to swim laps here," was told "you don't own the pool" and "well, just swim half-laps" I was dumbfounded. That's just plain rude! It will be interesting to see if it's that crowded next week. If so, I think we're going to have to start getting less polite (a horrible thought). But when you complain to gym management about it, they just say "the pool is there for all members to use". Wonder what they'd do it someone was routinely coming up to the weight lifters and leaning on their weights, or trying to get on a treadmill with someone already walking on it.:mad: My early morning rant (that felt good). Kae
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Every pet peeve known to swimming-kind in the same night: Last night I went to the gym after work (as usual). There are 3 pretty wide lanes in the 25-meter pool, but we can't really circle swim because it's a gym, not a team practice, and people get there at different times, are doing different workouts, and some may not even know what the concept of circle swimming is. Every lane has 2 people in it, and there are 2 others (besides me) waiting. We wait patiently, it takes about 20 minutes for me to get in (I was last there). About halfway through my workout, another swimmer shows up and waits patiently on deck. In the meantime, stretch-cord-string-bikini woman shows up, plops her gear (in a big, rolling duffel) at the end of the middle lane, and gets in the water. However, after staking her claim, she does stay off to the side on the steps. Then grumpy-old-man shows up and gets in the water, and just starts walking up and down a lane that already has 2 lap swimmers in it. Eventually, one gets out; stretch-cord-string-bikini woman gets in (the first one waiting is still patiently waiting on deck). Stretech-cord-string-bikini woman starts her "workout," which begins with holding on to a "noodle" and bouncing back and forth -- across the lane, mind you -- that grumpy-old-man and some poor guy training for a triathlon were in. I finish, motion to Mr. Patient that I'm done, he can have my lane, and get out. Triathlon guy gets out at about the same time, tells me that grump-old-man walked into him, and when he said "excuse me, I'm trying to swim laps here," was told "you don't own the pool" and "well, just swim half-laps" I was dumbfounded. That's just plain rude! It will be interesting to see if it's that crowded next week. If so, I think we're going to have to start getting less polite (a horrible thought). But when you complain to gym management about it, they just say "the pool is there for all members to use". Wonder what they'd do it someone was routinely coming up to the weight lifters and leaning on their weights, or trying to get on a treadmill with someone already walking on it.:mad: My early morning rant (that felt good). Kae
Children
No Data