What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Not a top-tier peeve, but a lesser peeve. Some people who push off the wall to start each length don't push off under water. They do so on the surface. This causes a huge initial wave. That wave sloshes over to ajacent lanes. In itself it's reall no big deal, but sometimes the timing is just right that they take off just as I am coming into the wall for my flip turn, and their wave makes a direct hit just as I am taking that last big breath before the turn... If they had left a second earlier, or a second later, then no problem. If I had been taking that breath to the opposite side, no problem. So there is really a very narrow window where everything comes together just right (or wrong, from my perspective) to be a problem. Don't they know that the surface-level push off is terribly inefficient anyway?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Not a top-tier peeve, but a lesser peeve. Some people who push off the wall to start each length don't push off under water. They do so on the surface. This causes a huge initial wave. That wave sloshes over to ajacent lanes. In itself it's reall no big deal, but sometimes the timing is just right that they take off just as I am coming into the wall for my flip turn, and their wave makes a direct hit just as I am taking that last big breath before the turn... If they had left a second earlier, or a second later, then no problem. If I had been taking that breath to the opposite side, no problem. So there is really a very narrow window where everything comes together just right (or wrong, from my perspective) to be a problem. Don't they know that the surface-level push off is terribly inefficient anyway?
Children
No Data