What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Hey everyone! Great pet peeves! I want to say something concerning the "overweight" ladies. I'm overweight myself. I am thankful that my weight doesn't stop me from my love of swimming. But there are some very heavy women that come and water walk in the morning.....and all I can say is that I am actually proud of them for stepping out of their comfort zone...into a swimsuit and at least walking. Plus...water walking is easier on the joints. It may seem they are not working hard (some might not be) but I give them credit for doing something! And since I am overweight myself...can we stop referring to overweight people as a manatee? I do agree that the ladies with the perfectly done hair bouncing in the water and talking about their husbands....that is annoying!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Hey everyone! Great pet peeves! I want to say something concerning the "overweight" ladies. I'm overweight myself. I am thankful that my weight doesn't stop me from my love of swimming. But there are some very heavy women that come and water walk in the morning.....and all I can say is that I am actually proud of them for stepping out of their comfort zone...into a swimsuit and at least walking. Plus...water walking is easier on the joints. It may seem they are not working hard (some might not be) but I give them credit for doing something! And since I am overweight myself...can we stop referring to overweight people as a manatee? I do agree that the ladies with the perfectly done hair bouncing in the water and talking about their husbands....that is annoying!
Children
No Data