What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by dorothyrde My Y divides the 6 lane pool into 3 large lanes. ... Then if you have to circle swim, you have to circle the whole thing which adds bunches to you swim. Most of our workouts we only have three "double" lanes, we swim out along the lane lines and back in the middle, and that works well. In fact, even when we have all the lane lines set up we swim with alternating lanes rotating in opposite directions so that you are always swimming in the same direction as the person swimming in the adjacent lane. I find this works a lot better than all lanes rotating in the same direction where people on both sides are always going in the opposite direction. As for pet peeves, the "you go first (so I can draft off you)" is my favorite.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by dorothyrde My Y divides the 6 lane pool into 3 large lanes. ... Then if you have to circle swim, you have to circle the whole thing which adds bunches to you swim. Most of our workouts we only have three "double" lanes, we swim out along the lane lines and back in the middle, and that works well. In fact, even when we have all the lane lines set up we swim with alternating lanes rotating in opposite directions so that you are always swimming in the same direction as the person swimming in the adjacent lane. I find this works a lot better than all lanes rotating in the same direction where people on both sides are always going in the opposite direction. As for pet peeves, the "you go first (so I can draft off you)" is my favorite.
Children
No Data