Fun relay ideas?

Former Member
Former Member
I am planning a meet and I would like to include a couple of "fun" relays. I need some ideas. Minnesota Masters Swimming does a "Reindeer Relays" meet each December and I found descriptions of a few of their races (see below). Does anyone else have some suggestions for fun relays? (Note that this meet will be held in a public high school, so the relays cannot include alcohol...) --Tarzan relay - each swimmer must swim with his head out of the water --Ballet leg relay - each swimmer must do backstroke with 1 leg out of the water, pointed in the air --Reindeer relay - each swimmer dog paddles while wearing antlers (which are passed like a baton from one swimmer to the next) --All-Fly relay --Kicking relay
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 20 years ago
    Hey Billl, not sure what you mean by pulling off the side of the road (do they get to take the car up with them for air) - when we do this relay they have to leave the car on the bottom of the pool when they come up for air. Other relay ideas; Each team gets 1 pair of fins (size and who uses them is up to the team). Chain relay (similiar to the siamese relay) - 1st swimmer swims 1 length of the pool, they are then joined by a second swimmer who must remain in physical contact , they then swim the 2nd length together, those two are then joined by a third swimmer who must remain in physical contact during the third length and so on......... Relay where your hands have to stay interlaced on top of your head. In college our conference did a relay meet, where we swam relays of all the strokes, and IM relay. mixed relays, crescendo. Jeff
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 20 years ago
    Hey Billl, not sure what you mean by pulling off the side of the road (do they get to take the car up with them for air) - when we do this relay they have to leave the car on the bottom of the pool when they come up for air. Other relay ideas; Each team gets 1 pair of fins (size and who uses them is up to the team). Chain relay (similiar to the siamese relay) - 1st swimmer swims 1 length of the pool, they are then joined by a second swimmer who must remain in physical contact , they then swim the 2nd length together, those two are then joined by a third swimmer who must remain in physical contact during the third length and so on......... Relay where your hands have to stay interlaced on top of your head. In college our conference did a relay meet, where we swam relays of all the strokes, and IM relay. mixed relays, crescendo. Jeff
Children
No Data