Fun relay ideas?

Former Member
Former Member
I am planning a meet and I would like to include a couple of "fun" relays. I need some ideas. Minnesota Masters Swimming does a "Reindeer Relays" meet each December and I found descriptions of a few of their races (see below). Does anyone else have some suggestions for fun relays? (Note that this meet will be held in a public high school, so the relays cannot include alcohol...) --Tarzan relay - each swimmer must swim with his head out of the water --Ballet leg relay - each swimmer must do backstroke with 1 leg out of the water, pointed in the air --Reindeer relay - each swimmer dog paddles while wearing antlers (which are passed like a baton from one swimmer to the next) --All-Fly relay --Kicking relay
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 20 years ago
    A lot of these seem so funny! Especially the tug of war, the cracker relay, and many others.....our town holds the Pumpkin Show every year (third largest festival in the world, baby) and for our annual classic meet, we divided the relays into two older kids (13 and up) and two younger kids (10 and under)....the older kids had to hold the pumpkin and swim breaststroke, the younger kids just had to get it to the other end of the pool somehow....very fun to see, very fun to watch!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 20 years ago
    A lot of these seem so funny! Especially the tug of war, the cracker relay, and many others.....our town holds the Pumpkin Show every year (third largest festival in the world, baby) and for our annual classic meet, we divided the relays into two older kids (13 and up) and two younger kids (10 and under)....the older kids had to hold the pumpkin and swim breaststroke, the younger kids just had to get it to the other end of the pool somehow....very fun to see, very fun to watch!
Children
No Data