Fun relay ideas?

Former Member
Former Member
I am planning a meet and I would like to include a couple of "fun" relays. I need some ideas. Minnesota Masters Swimming does a "Reindeer Relays" meet each December and I found descriptions of a few of their races (see below). Does anyone else have some suggestions for fun relays? (Note that this meet will be held in a public high school, so the relays cannot include alcohol...) --Tarzan relay - each swimmer must swim with his head out of the water --Ballet leg relay - each swimmer must do backstroke with 1 leg out of the water, pointed in the air --Reindeer relay - each swimmer dog paddles while wearing antlers (which are passed like a baton from one swimmer to the next) --All-Fly relay --Kicking relay
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 20 years ago
    Decade relay: one swimmer is ags 20-29, one aged 30-39, one aged 40-49, one 50+. Not a relay, but an interesting competition. Kind of like a tug of war. Tie the feet of two swimmers together. Point them in opposite directions and let them swim. First to pull the other some predefined distance wins. Or do the same kicking towards each other holding the same (really strong) kickboard. Lawn chair relay. Teams are comprised of a multiple of 3 people. One (usually smaller) guy sits in the chair. The other two have to get him to the other side. One leg only needs 3 people, but multiple legs would have multiple sets of 3 for each leg. (Or, just have 3 people, and 3 legs, and each has to take a turn in the chair.) Water polo ball dribbling relay: Swim each length "dribbling" a water polo ball.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 20 years ago
    Decade relay: one swimmer is ags 20-29, one aged 30-39, one aged 40-49, one 50+. Not a relay, but an interesting competition. Kind of like a tug of war. Tie the feet of two swimmers together. Point them in opposite directions and let them swim. First to pull the other some predefined distance wins. Or do the same kicking towards each other holding the same (really strong) kickboard. Lawn chair relay. Teams are comprised of a multiple of 3 people. One (usually smaller) guy sits in the chair. The other two have to get him to the other side. One leg only needs 3 people, but multiple legs would have multiple sets of 3 for each leg. (Or, just have 3 people, and 3 legs, and each has to take a turn in the chair.) Water polo ball dribbling relay: Swim each length "dribbling" a water polo ball.
Children
No Data