WHat to expect after 15 yrs?

Former Member
Former Member
It has been 15 yrs since I last competed seriously and I am getting ready to start again this fall. I am approximately 80lbs heavier, about half muscle and half fat. I am curious to hear from others who had similar layoff's and what they experienced in their come backs. I plan on using my first season just getting myself back in shape. I would like to lose approximately 30 lbs and hope to attend my first meet around Feb or March 05. I am anxious and nervous at the same time. Look forward to the input. Thanks, Greg
Parents
  • I just started to swim seriously. ... I can't (yet) swim more than a "warmup" from the workouts posted on the forums. ... I'd love to be able to swim with a Masters team at some point in the future! You might want to chat with the coach if there is a local masters team. Many such teams have a "beginner" group. I know some even have a "pre team". You'll probably progress a lot faster working with a group for at least some of your weekly practices, and the social aspect can be a fun bonus.
  • I just started to swim seriously. ... I can't (yet) swim more than a "warmup" from the workouts posted on the forums. ... I'd love to be able to swim with a Masters team at some point in the future! You might want to chat with the coach if there is a local masters team. Many such teams have a "beginner" group. I know some even have a "pre team". You'll probably progress a lot faster working with a group for at least some of your weekly practices, and the social aspect can be a fun bonus.
Children
No Data