WHat to expect after 15 yrs?

Former Member
Former Member
It has been 15 yrs since I last competed seriously and I am getting ready to start again this fall. I am approximately 80lbs heavier, about half muscle and half fat. I am curious to hear from others who had similar layoff's and what they experienced in their come backs. I plan on using my first season just getting myself back in shape. I would like to lose approximately 30 lbs and hope to attend my first meet around Feb or March 05. I am anxious and nervous at the same time. Look forward to the input. Thanks, Greg
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 20 years ago
    I know Mike Darbee very well, we were rivals in high school. We are still good friends and always talk swimming whenever we run into each other. He is coaching high school and has a phenom junior this year, as a sophomore he placed top ten in the states in three events. Sophomore times were 47+ in the 100 free and high 21's in the 50 free. Will be exciting to see what he does this season! I expect Mike to coach my kids should they choose to swim, we live only a couple of miles from where he coaches. I have a lot of stories and fond memories of Mike and his dad Bob as well, great coaches, both of them. Small world.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 20 years ago
    I know Mike Darbee very well, we were rivals in high school. We are still good friends and always talk swimming whenever we run into each other. He is coaching high school and has a phenom junior this year, as a sophomore he placed top ten in the states in three events. Sophomore times were 47+ in the 100 free and high 21's in the 50 free. Will be exciting to see what he does this season! I expect Mike to coach my kids should they choose to swim, we live only a couple of miles from where he coaches. I have a lot of stories and fond memories of Mike and his dad Bob as well, great coaches, both of them. Small world.
Children
No Data