Hypoglycemia?

Former Member
Former Member
I was wondering if any of the swimmers on this board has chronic hypoglycemia. How does it affect your swimming? I was diagnosed with the condition last year after living with the symptoms my whole life (I can remember feeling weak and dizzy frequently in elementary school.) I have completely eliminated sugar and refined carbohydrates from my diet, but exersize can still be a problem. Swimming seems to be easier on me, though. Any thoughts?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I was wondering if any of the swimmers on this board has chronic hypoglycemia. How does it affect your swimming? I was diagnosed with the condition last year after living with the symptoms my whole life (I can remember feeling weak and dizzy frequently in elementary school.) I have completely eliminated sugar and refined carbohydrates from my diet, but exersize can still be a problem. Swimming seems to be easier on me, though. Any thoughts? Hypoglycemia, also called low blood glucose or low blood sugar, occurs when the level of glucose in your blood drops below normal. For many people with diabetes, that means a level of 70 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) or less. Your numbers might be different, so check with your health care provider to find out what level is too low for you. 9apps
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I was wondering if any of the swimmers on this board has chronic hypoglycemia. How does it affect your swimming? I was diagnosed with the condition last year after living with the symptoms my whole life (I can remember feeling weak and dizzy frequently in elementary school.) I have completely eliminated sugar and refined carbohydrates from my diet, but exersize can still be a problem. Swimming seems to be easier on me, though. Any thoughts? Hypoglycemia, also called low blood glucose or low blood sugar, occurs when the level of glucose in your blood drops below normal. For many people with diabetes, that means a level of 70 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) or less. Your numbers might be different, so check with your health care provider to find out what level is too low for you. 9apps
Children
No Data